Sunday, July 10, 2011

Measure in Love

It's two months past, but I feel the need to post about our first year of marriage. Because of my job, I didn't blog nearly as much as I wanted, and I let May 8th slip by without officially dedicating a post to it. And it deserves one!

So... how do you measure a year of marriage?

1 perfect day, complete with 40 mph winds.

1 really long veil.

10,000 whispered secrets.

10,000 laughs.

A million smiles.

A LOT of sunflowers.

7 incredible days in Great Exuma, The Bahamas.



3 rings, symbols of our promises and love for each other. (Er, make that 4 rings)

1 move, just for me.

1 trip across the threshhold!

52 weekends at (or wishing we were at) Lake Amistad.

A thousand sushi rolls. I don't think that's an exaggeration.
(Our standbys: Strawberry Roll, Jen Roll, and Spicy Tuna Roll from Sushi Zushi)

Less than a thousand sake bombs.

1 ridiculous, impulsive surround sound system purchase that we don't regret.

3 trips to the attic.

1 admittance to my husband of my irrational fear of ladders.

1 first job.

Many bouquets of flowers.

Two big races, the Tough Mudder and the Adventure Race.

1 baby niece!

1 amazing, adorable, lovable dog.

1 billion "You are so cute. You are so small. I love you so much. You are my best dog friend"

A handful of nights spent apart.

Many, many kisses good morning and good night.

A dozen "I'm sorrys" and "I forgive yous"

Three scorpions.

1 tarantula.

Hundreds of bottles of wine.

1 big item on our to-do list. (buying a boat!)

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes of being grateful that I married my best friend and the only man I have ever truly loved. I feel lucky every single day that I am Mrs. Art Bull. I can't wait to see what Year #2 brings for us!

2 comments:

Caiti said...

We love sushi too! Hooray for one whole year of married life down! ;)

Moe said...

awww this is so sweet!!! :) I loved this post!! And...that sushi looks amazing. So amazing I now want to visit you in Texas..