Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A pilot, an astronaut, and a spy.

I PRAYED for this day.

Today is the day Art became a future U2 pilot!!!

That's right friends, Art's two-week interview ended EARLY, with an offer to hire!!!

WE ARE MOVING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!

As if THAT wasn't big enough news... we are moving to California in MARCH!!

I officially put my notice into work that my last day will be March 9th, the day we release for spring break. It's only been a few hours, but already I have very mixed feelings about it. Most of the time, I don't like my job, for a lot of reasons. Of course, I better not say that out loud, because the second I do, I'll have a great day and love my job. I have several students who I really, truly would adopt into my home if they needed me to. I love them that much. (I don't know a teacher who hasn't felt that way about some of her students!) I have a lot of struggles every day, but I really do love what I do some of the time. I will be happy to start a new journey but leaving my kids in the middle of the year... I'm already feeling guilty about it.

... And then I think about living 2 hours away from Tahoe, the ocean, and wine country... and I don't feel that guilty anymore. :) :) :)

No comments: