Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weeds, license woes and teaching an old dog new tricks

I'd like to illustrate just why our front yard is in desperate need of attention:


See all those rocks? Supposed to be there. See all the green? Not.




Minus the two or three cacti, all green has got to go. The craziest thing is that Art weeded this entire yard, coming with two giant bins full, the week of our wedding. Lucky, I found someone to come out on Monday and get the green away, for really cheap. Success!!

My second triumph today was getting my dog to sit and lay down on command. Yes, Peanut is 5 1/2 years old, and doesn't do any of that stuff. Truly, it's because he's cute enough to get anything he wants ever without having to do anything. I mean...


Would you ever say no? No, you wouldn't. But I was alarmed to discover that he won't sit or lay down on command, so we have been practicing. And today, he did both on command!! I shrieked and gave him like 10 dog bones, which probably was a little overkill. But look at his face. And his ears. Especially his ears.

I also discovered today, with the help of my friend Betsy, that I have to take three tests in the state of Texas to get my teaching license. These three tests cover exactly the same material as the three tests I took in Ohio not one year ago, so you can imagine my frustration. Especially because each test comes with a $120 price tag. I am taking the English language arts test next Friday, and the math test next month. If only I would have kept my PRAXIS flash cards!!

Dinner today is a basil crusted roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. I hope someone is making you something tasty! <3

2 comments:

Becca said...

Amy, I love reading this stuff! If we can't have you in Ohio, I'll take your humor via the internet. Everyone misses you!!!

Moe said...

Awww. I love little Peanut!!! I'm glad you're teaching him some "new tricks". :) And I'm loving the new blog!!!!

http://amillionmargaritas.blogspot.com (you know....incase you start to miss Ohio at all. ha.)